For the love of the game part 3 - basketball

Now we have looked at and understood rules and the design of the basketball court, let's now get started with playing the game.
The first thing any person starting this game should have in mind is building his or her confidence because that is the only way you can face any opponent.
As earlier stated, i am a player in the game and i am also aiming in going professional with the game so i can even share some of my personal stories.
When i started out, i was a fragile and shy player, always afraid to play against anyone so all i did was to just work on my personal game alone trying to make lay-ups and shot which isn't a bad thing, but what i am trying to point out is that, when it came for time to then play an actual game, i always came up with an excuse like my arms or legs are paining me.
This went on for awhile until i looked at myself and my collegues and i realized that they are not any better than me, all it takes is constant practise. As i realized this, the first thing i started doing was to play one on one with my friends.
This helped me hugely because in this type of game, all the points scored, the rebounding, the dribbling is all done by you and no one else unlike in two on two whereby you have a teammate.
I continued playing only one on one for quite a long time until i could feel my confidence building up, from going for a lay-up attempt to taking a shot and grabbing my rebounds, i could now feel good about myself.
At this stage, i now advanced to playing one on one with people way better than me because my game had now stepped up.
Playing with the ones who are better than me helped me to gain more stamina during the game and apply my brain alongside my aggression and with time, i could now play with teammates.
I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing well and so, i always brought and still bring my best game to the basketball court.
When starting out, people could use some harsh and awful words on you but all you have to do is to remain focused and dont back down. Believe in yourself and when time get hard, go harder.
Remember, to succeed you have to believe.

Comments

Popular Posts